37th Annual Blue Chip Regatta
Spring Lake Yacht Club
September 22 – 23, 2023
17500 West Spring Lake Road, Spring Lake, MI 49456
Friday, September 22
- Launching: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm; ramp, crane and/or elevator available
- Practice Race 4:00 pm, registration 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Food and drinks (beer) included for all participants/guests/crew 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday, September 23
- Registration 7:30 am to 9:00 am, continental breakfast is included 7:00 am to 9:00 am
- Competitors briefing at 9:30, first race warning signal approximately 45 minutes after briefing
- Three races are scheduled and left to the race committee’s discretion; weather permitting
- Lunch included for all participants; $10 extra for guests and crew
- Steak dinner at SLYC. $40 additional per person. Cocktails at 6:30, dinner at 7:30.
Sunday, September 24
- Breakfast 7:30 am to 9:30 am
- Two races are scheduled unless otherwise noted on the bulletin board, 1st race warning signal at 10:25 am, no race warning signals after 12:30 pm
- Lunch and trophies immediately following
The MC Blue Chip is by invitation only. Eligible boats will be notified by August 29, 2023. If you qualify after August 29, please contact the regatta chair immediately.
This is an MCSA-sanctioned event. Each skipper must be a current member of MCSA and meet trophy age requirements before the first scheduled race. Non-MCSA members will be scored DNC for all races.
Entry fee is $140 and includes:
Dinner – Friday and Saturday night for registered sailors
(Saturday dinner: $35 for crew and guests)
Breakfast and Lunch – Saturday and Sunday ($10 extra for lunch crew/guests)
Trophies: Top 5 Overall; Master; Grand Master; Mega Master; Old Salt; Woman; Youth
One Commemorative Blue Chip gift.